Website Boston_Standard Boston Standard
JOB TITLE: LICENSED PLUMBER
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Boston Standard Plumber is responsible for delivering effective and efficient plumbing and heating services to our valued customers in accordance with all pertinent codes, regulations and statutes. He/she will perform general plumbing and heating installations and repairs. He/she will stay well-informed of new techniques and technologies in order to provide cutting edge service to our customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides general plumbing and heating service for customers as assigned by the office. This may include estimates on new work, installations, maintenance, or repairs.
- Communicates all information to the office by opening/closing jobs in online scheduling system to include but not limited to: job arrival, job completion, follow up notes/summary of work completed, etc.
- Exhibits proficiency diagnosing customer concerns and estimating solutions using the Pricing Guide and company invoicing process.
- Obtains the customer’s approval for work and obtains payment on-site as appropriate.
- Responds promptly and clearly to customer questions, requests, and/or other issues via phone or email.
- Maintains clean, neat vehicles and job sites and projects a clean, well-groomed professional appearance, always.
- Assumes responsibility for trucks, diagnostic tools, and uniforms
- Serves as a teacher and leads by example to apprentices on the job site.
- Attends group meetings and training, as needed. Participates in monthly and special company meetings, as appropriate.
- Sets an example in being punctual and dependable. Reports to work promptly. Responds within 30 minutes to emergency calls during “on-call” shift.
- Establish a sound positive work relationship with all members of the Boston Standard team. Must be able to listen and implement all suggested feedback received.
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior plumbing and heating experience with a service company.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, tackle large jobs and execute on-time.
- Ability to teach and mentor apprentices.
- Demonstrated excellent communication conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and pitch in as needed.
- Computer skills and use of electronic devices for scheduling, invoice creation and communication to staff and customers required.
- The ideal candidate for this position will have a high school diploma (or GED), a minimum of three years of plumbing & heating field experience.
- Current and unrestricted driver’s license.
- A professional set of tools.
- The physical ability to perform all requirements associated with this position.
- All qualified candidates will have an active MA Journeyman’s plumbing license.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required of this position.
- Note: All new hires will be required to complete a 30–90-day training period, during which the new hire will not run service calls or projects independently. The duration of the training period is to be determined by the Service Manager on a case-by-case basis.