JOB TITLE: SALES PROJECT MANAGER
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Boston Standard Sales Project Manager is responsible for the sale of effective and efficient plumbing, heating and cooling systems to our valued customers in a manner that leaves a positive impression on customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sells plumbing, heating, and cooling systems to residential and small commercial customers.
- Targets potential customers and develops new customers for increased sales opportunities.
- Represents the company at networking events and home shows.
- Communicates all information to the office by opening/closing leads in scheduling system to include but not limited to: job arrival, job completion, follow-up needed.
- Works closely with Sales Manager and Install Manager, to insure timely and accurate ordering of all stock and equipment.
- Completes electronic job packet in Service Titan for all sold jobs with information to the assigned install technician related to a sold job; including the list of equipment needed for the install, photos of the job site, subcontractors, permits and schedule, etc.
- Works closely with install technician the first & last days of install for a “warm handoff” of customer as needed.
- Exhibits proficiency diagnosing customer concerns and providing solutions using the Pricing Guide and company quoting process.
- Responds promptly and clearly to customer questions, requests, and/or other issues.
- Maintains clean, neat vehicle and projects a clean, well-groomed professional appearance always.
- Assumes responsibility for company vehicle, technology, and uniforms.
- Participates in weekly sales training and install meetings.
- Uses good judgment and self-control in areas wherein the company entrusts him/her to maintain company and customer confidentiality.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This may include performing duties that are outside of the scope of normal job duties.
- Establish a sound positive work relationship with company leadership, office team and technicians. Must be able to listen and implement all suggested feedback received.
Skills and Abilities:
- Prior sales or technician experience with a HVAC service company strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize tasks, plan large jobs and close sales.
- Self-motivated to improve sales and exceed performance metrics.
- Demonstrated excellent communication, conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and pitch in as needed.
- Computer skills and use of electronic devices for scheduling, invoice creation and communication to staff and customers required.
- Qualified candidates for this position will have a high school diploma, a minimum of four years of sales or HVAC experience, (or a college degree with a positive learning attitude).
- Excellent communication and computer skills.
- Current and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Physical ability to perform all requirements associated with this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required of this position.
- Closing rate of >35% of leads annually
- Inclusion of a minimum of 3 accessories in 100% of quotes
- Annual sales minimum of $750,000
- Additional metrics TBD
- Monday-Friday, some night and weekend appointments required in busy seasons.
- Flexibility is required to meet customer needs.
- Weekly base salary + commission