Website Boston_Standard Boston Standard
JOB TITLE: HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Boston Standard HVAC Service Technician is responsible for delivering effective and efficient heating and cooling services to our valued customers. He/she will perform general heating and cooling service, repair, and maintenance. He/she will stay well-informed of new techniques and technologies, to provide cutting edge service to our customers. This position is full-time, with a competitive hourly rate based on experience, and eligible for commission-based incentives in addition to base pay.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides heating and cooling service, repairs, and maintenance. This includes HVAC, heat pumps, ducted systems, boilers, etc.
- Communicates all information to the office by opening/closing jobs in electronic scheduling system to include but not limited to, job arrival, job completion, follow up notes/summary of work completed, etc.
- Obtains the customer’s approval for work and obtains payment on-site as appropriate.
- Maintains clean, neat vehicles and job sites and projects a clean, well-groomed professional appearance always.
- Assumes responsibility for trucks, diagnostic tools, and uniforms.
- Serves as a teacher and leads by example to apprentices on the job site.
- Attends group meetings and training, as needed. Participates in monthly and special company meetings, as appropriate.
- Uses good judgment and self-control in areas wherein the company entrusts him/her to maintain company and customer confidentiality.
- Establish a sound positive work relationship with all members of the Boston Standard team. Must be able to listen and implement all suggested feedback received.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Prior heating and/or cooling experience in a residential capacity.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and communicate with customers.
- Demonstrated excellent communication conflict resolution and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member and pitch in as needed.
- Computer skills and use of electronic devices for scheduling, invoice creation and communication to staff and customers required.
- Must be able to work on a ladder.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of three years field experience and formal training, as well as EPA certification.
- Current and unrestricted driver’s license.
- Professional set of tools.
- Physical ability to perform all requirements associated with this position.
- Benefits include health, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation, sick and personal days, short term disability, life insurance, paid training/ongoing education, uniforms, tablet, and company vehicle.