Website Boston_Standard Boston Standard
JOB TITLE: HVAC SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Hours: M-F, 7am-4:30pm & available via phone in off-hours as needed
GENERAL SUMMARY:The Electrician will install, repair, and maintain the electrical wiring, fixtures, and systems in buildings.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines, to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed,
- Performs other related duties as signed.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Extensive knowledge of electrical systems and wiring.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Proficient in the use of test meters and other diagnostic equipment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- HVAC electrical installation experience preferred.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Completion of a formal apprenticeship and valid electrician’s license required.
- Must be able to see color, to discern color-coding wiring.
- Prolonged periods standing, kneeling, bending, and climbing ladders or scaffolding.
- Must be physically capable of pulling wires and cables through conduits.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.