An average home may lose 25% of its heat to ductwork. Ductless heat pumps (also called mini-split systems) can be the perfect solution for Massachusetts homeowners looking for something outside of conventional HVAC.
A ductless heat pump works by moving air around rather than burning fuel, doubling as both air conditioner and heater! This is great for both the planet and your wallet.
Maybe your home doesn’t have ductwork already, you’re adding on a new room, remodeling, or otherwise looking to upgrade to more efficient heating and cooling. These modern systems are highly efficient, leading to energy savings in the long run, and you won’t have to worry about installing expensive ductwork. Plus, you can set temperatures for different areas in your home! The zoning feature ensures extra comfort for everyone.
Boston Standard Company has licensed, experienced HVAC technicians ready to talk to you about your ductless heat pump installation options, or ductless heat pump repair. When it comes to seamless installations, we’re The Company You Count On!
Ductless Heat Pump Installation
We Install the Best Ductless Brands
You Can Count on Expert Guidance from Boston Standard
- How many zones will I want?
- How much power will I want?
- What type of ductless heat pump?
- What size will best suit my home?
- Where to put the outdoor unit?
- How much flexibility do I need?
- What style will fit my home?
- Are any rebates available?
Why Choose Ductless Heating
- Highly efficient
- HUGE energy savings
- Uses NO fuel
- Improved indoor air quality
- Doubles as air conditioner in summer
- Absolutely no ductwork needed
- Great when remodeling or adding rooms
- Offers precise temperature control
- Enhanced comfort and versatility
- Easy installation
- Remote operation
- Fewer breakdowns
- Quiet and discreet
Who Should Go Ductless? Considering Your Heat Pump Options
There are a few situations where ductless heat pumps may not be the best fit: If you don’t want the upfront costs or you don’t like the aesthetics. While installing ductless heat pumps may cost more initially, the energy savings, in the long run, will be noticeable.
Regular maintenance is easy and important, so cleaning the filters every month will keep your system in optimal shape and prevent costly repairs. Some people don’t like the look of boxy white wall mounts in every room, but don’t worry—there are ways to blend ductless seamlessly in with your décor. You could mount the unit on the ceiling or even conceal it within the façade of a picture frame.
LG even makes a ductless cooling and heating system that pays special attention to aesthetics. It is worth noting that our technicians are factory-trained to install LG, Mitsubishi, and Fujitsu brand heat pumps. If you hire us to install these brands, we can offer you a special no-cost warranty extension for up to 12 years.
That being said, there are plenty of benefits to installing ductless heat pumps:
- A ductless heat pump acts as both air conditioning in the summer and heating in the winter!
- Precise control over temperatures in different rooms, allowing customizable comfort for the whole family.
- If your home does not already have ductwork installed, you could save on the costs of installing central air and enjoy energy savings in the long run.
- When adding a room, remodeling, or converting a garage into livable space, installing a ductless heat pump is simpler and easier than reconfiguring existing ductwork.
- Ductless heat pumps are modern and sleek, often offering easy digital readings and remote access control.
- No ducts mean less debris and dust circulating through your home, and better indoor air quality.
Ready to go ductless? Get a free estimate!
Call now: (617) 288-2911
Call Boston Standard for Ductless Heat Pump Tune-Ups
Ductless Heating Systems Need Regular Maintenance, Too
Of course indoor air quality is important, but it could be easy to overlook. With ductless heat pumps, it’s important to maintain the high quality of indoor air circulation by cleaning out the indoor air filters every month, or more if you smoke or have pets. If dust and debris build up in the ductless heat pump filters, this could cause compromised air quality for your household and possibly more extensive issues that would need professional repair. Outside of monthly filter cleanings, you should schedule an annual heating tune-up to make sure your equipment continues to operate at optimal efficiency. Preventative maintenance also extends the lifespan of your investment.
We Can Assess and Repair Any Ductless Heat Pump Issues
- Electrical issues
- Unusually high electric bills
- Not blowing warm air
- Grinding noises
- Water leaks
- Refrigerant leaks
- Broken air handlers
- Control issues
DOES YOUR DUCTLESS HEAT PUMP NEED REPAIR?
If you notice any warning signs from your ductless heat pump, be sure to call Boston Standard Company to diagnose the problems before they get worse.
Here are a few scenarios where you might need professional ductless repair:
- Remote not working
- Not heating
- Grinding noises
- Icy outdoor unit
- Water leaks
- Higher energy bills
- Our licensed and insured ductless technicians travel with fully stocked trucks, so we can arrive and diagnose, repair, and replace parts as quickly as possible for our valued Massachusetts neighbors!
We’re available 24/7 to help you! Call now: (617) 288-2911
Customers Agree: Boston Standard Is the Plumbing Company You Can Count On.
See What They’re Saying about Us.
WE’VE GOT HEATING SERVICES COVERED IN BOSTON, MA
Boston Standard Company serves the families and business owners of the Eastern Massachusetts Area. As a local, family owned and operated plumbing and HVAC company, we take keeping you and your family warm and safe during Boston’s harsh winters seriously. That’s why we’ve gone above and beyond the industry standard for skill, safety, and reliability.
Call Boston Standard Company for your furnace repair, boiler repair, or ductless and central heat pump repairs. For your oil-to-gas conversions. For your high-efficiency heat pump installs, boiler installations, or furnace replacement and installations. You can count on us when the heat goes out.